How to Enter
Submissions for the 2024 Awards are now open!
- Submissions open - Monday 11 September 2023
- Submissions closed – 5:00 pm Monday 30 October 2023
- Applicants notified - Wednesday 29 November to Thursday 30 November 2023
- Finalists announced - Friday 1 December 2023
- Awards Ceremony - TBC March 2024, Auckland
- With a project in mind, take a look at the Categories & Criteria page to determine which one you think ‘fits’ best
- You can Download the associated Sample Entry ‘working’ document which is located under each Award category on the Categories & Criteria page. This template can be used to understand the criteria involved for the award. Or to begin writing your submission offline. (Alternatively, from 11 September, you can click on the Online Submission link, which will take you to the Award Force landing page. Here you can start the submission process – saving the detail in progress – prior to submitting.)
- Collate any supporting materials
- Make sure you have a copy of your logo/photo – high resolution in jpg or png format (1MB or above)
- Send a copy of the References Template document to your referees to complete.
- Once you have all the information you need – from 11 September, click the Online Submission link.
- You will be taken to the Award Force landing page.
- Register an account.
- Start your entry (save it in-progress).
- Once you have all the fields completed and the appropriate documentation uploaded you may submit (Please note you can only change the detail of your submission up to the point of submitting for judging. Once submitted your entry can not be changed).
- Submissions close 5.00 pm, Monday 30 October 2023
What happens next?
Once your submission is received, the team checks that your submission is complete, and we'll send a confirmation. This may take a few days.
Judging then takes place once the submissions are closed from the 30th of October. If you are a finalist, you will be notified via email between 29-30th November.
Should you reach finalist stage you will be required to provide a 1 min 30 second video. This video will only be played at the Awards ceremony should you win your category. It will also be placed on our website Hall of Fame and in the Shaping the Profession e-book (organisation categories only).
The judging panel for each award will consist of senior practitioners, both generalists and specialists in the New Zealand HR community.
Launched in 1999 the NZ HR Awards, organised by HRNZ, celebrates the contribution of great people practice. The Awards are designed to recognise excellence within the profession of Human Resource Management in New Zealand.
The Awards have developed over the years to keep pace with the changes within the profession and workplaces.