THE PATH - The new Capability Framework
Shaping the Future of HR in Aotearoa, New Zealand
What is The Path?
Developed specifically for the unique demands on HR practitioners in Aotearoa, New Zealand, the new capability framework - The Path, takes the best of our current framework and integrates these within the factors that we believe to be fundamental to allowing HR to lead now and into the future.
The Path framework consists of three elements that together, outline what excellence in HR looks like over a number of different levels from a basic delivery level, through to a strategic governance level. These three elements are:
- The Core Capabilities, 6 elements that sit at the heart of our framework and capture the essence of good HR practice,
- The Capability Levels, which outline different levels that an HR practitioner can operate in across their roles and in their careers, and
- The Domains of Knowledge, which represent the different specialist areas of HR.
To print out the Framework and Detailed Core Capabilities by Levels, please click the button below.
To explore each element, please click the tiles below!
How can you use The Path?
We’ve specifically built The Path to meet the needs of many different stakeholders, without compromising on delivering a tool for busy and knowledgeable HR practitioners. Ultimately, The Path helps us explore what great HR practice looks like through the demonstration of the six core capabilities, but there are a number of different ways this insight can be used.
The Path can help:
- Individual practitioners at any stage of their careers identify their current level of capability and plan their development
- Leaders as a development and planning tool, to identify their teams' strengths and areas to grow their capability
- Recruiters and hiring managers identify the key capabilities, create clear and realistic role profiles, assess candidates and build job descriptions
- Business owners or non-HR folks to understand what expertise they may need when recruiting an HR expert to deliver on operational and strategic outcomes
For more information on how these and other common users might get the most out of The Path, check out our handy User Guide below.
Applying the Capability Framework
To help bring The Path to life, we’ve created a series of fictional HR professionals that you can explore by clicking on the Personas tile on the right.
The Path interactive card decks now for sale!
As an opportunity for you and your workplace to explore The Path - The Capability Framework for HR Professionals, our interactive card decks are now for sale! These cards act as a tool for self-review and upskilling on all levels of the framework. The Path is helpful for individual practitioners, leaders, recruiters, hiring managers, business owners, and even non-HR folks.
Lead now and into the future and grab your set now! At a great price of $25 +GST for the first set and only an extra $10 +GST for any further sets, you don't want to miss out. Shipping is a flat rate of $9 for all of NZ.