People & Culture Coordinator - MOTAT
From a People & Culture perspective, MOTAT is not what you would expect. Our team support the MOTAT Team of over 350 employees and volunteers; a team of all ages and from all walks of life, doing everything from operating our trams to conserving our collection. Our vision is to educate and inspire our visitors and that vision extends to our team as well. We want MOTAT to be a place where our team are empowered and inspired to be their best selves. This is an exciting time to join a team with a huge amount of experience and enthusiasm to position MOTAT as a ‘must experience’ venue here in Tāmaki Makaurau.
Due to an in-house promotion, we are looking for a People & Culture (HR) Coordinator to join our People, Culture & Wellbeing Team.
As People & Culture Coordinator you will provide first-level HR generalist support to MOTAT’s employees and volunteers. This is a varied a role, where as well as supporting the day-to-day HR function, you will be coordinating events and leading the payroll activities – administered through Datacom.
For the right people this position also offers the possibility of job sharing with flexible hours to accommodate work/life balance, perfect for those who need that added flexibility!
You will need to be a self-starter with the ability to manage your own workload to meet deadlines, with high attention to detail and great communication skills. You will have the ability to prioritise your mahi with the competing demands of your position in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
• Payroll experience would be advantageous, as this role will be taking the lead administering MOTAT’s payroll – number savvy and a keen eye for detail is must!
• You will need to be tech savvy and know your way around systems. If you have previous experience working with our core systems (BambooHR, EasiPay, and Culture Amp) even better.
• You will be an outstanding communicator, both written and verbal and have a passion for helping and supporting others through your HR role.
• A Human Resources (or a related) qualification would be beneficial.
What’s In It For You
• Possibility of job sharing and/or reduced working hours.
• Flexible working hours and location.
• You’ll be joining a supportive team of HR professionals, with a focus on development.
• Additional perks include Birthday Leave, Study Leave, professional development, extra employer contributions to your KiwiSaver, and MOTAT’s Mates pass for you and your whānau.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about HR, events, and payroll, we would like to hear from you! Click here to apply now or read the position description.
Applications close: 10 December 2023, however we reserve the right to screen and interview applicants before the close date.
Employment Type: Full-time
Capability Level: Delivers
Domains of Knowledge: HR Administration, Attraction, Recruitment and Selection, Payroll Management
This employer recognises the value of Professional Accreditation with HRNZ.
Find out more about Professional Accreditation and The Path - the Capability Framework for HR Professionals.