National People Manager - Literacy Aotearoa
Tēnā koe. Join us as National People Manager (NPM) at Literacy Aotearoa
Are you passionate about fostering a diverse, inclusive and thriving workplace culture? Do you understand what it takes to create a Te Tiriti-honouring workspace? We want you to join our team!
Part-time 20 hours per week, flexible location within Aotearoa (although Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland is preferred). There is an expectation of frequent travel around the motu (approximately 8 times per year).
Why Literacy Aotearoa?
Literacy Aotearoa is a charitable organisation dedicated to providing accessible, quality literacy services across the motu through a co-governance, Tiriti o Waitangi-based model. We believe that our people are at the heart of our success, and we're looking for a National People Manager to ensure that our talented team continues to thrive.
• Recruitment: Attract top-tier talent and shape Literacy Aotearoa as an employer of choice.
• Benefits and Wellbeing: Champion diversity, safety, culture, and staff engagement.
• Training and Development: Foster growth and optimise our teams.
• Employment Relations: Resolve issues and build relationships.
• Other Accountabilities: Maintain policies and report on metrics.
• 5+ years HR experience.
• Experience in implementing Te Tiriti-honouring work place practices.
• Expertise in recruitment, wellbeing, training, development and employment relations.
• Up-to-date on NZ health and safety and employment legislation.
• Proactive, collaborative, and experienced in problem-solving,
• Proficient with HR management software.
• Experience working with unions and education, charitable or non-profit organisations is a plus.
Why You Should Join Us
Join us and play a pivotal role in shaping workplace culture at a charitable organisation dedicated to adult literacy in Aotearoa. This is a newly created position, offering you the opportunity to define your role and influence the people space, while working with a dynamic, passionate, and diverse team.
At Literacy Aotearoa, we believe in equal opportunity and value diversity within our organisation. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Applications will be reviewed and processed as they are received, so apply here now!
Employment Type: Permanent, Part-time
Capability Level: Leads
Domains of Knowledge: Policy and Process Design, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Attraction, Recruitment and Selection, Employment Relations, Change Management, Health, Safety and Wellbeing, Remuneration and Rewards, Learning and Development, Employee Engagement and Experience, HR Systems and Technology, Leading the HR Function.
This employer recognises the value of Professional Accreditation with HRNZ.
Find out more about Professional Accreditation and The Path - the Capability Framework for HR Professionals.