Human Resource Advisor-NZCR
New Zealand Clinical Research (NZCR) is Aotearoa’s leading early phase clinical research provider. We partner with global pharmaceutical companies to investigate potential new medicines. Our trials take place at our state-of-the-art research facilities in Auckland and Christchurch involving healthy volunteers (participants) and patients.
NZCR is searching for an engaged and supportive HR Advisor to be based at our Auckland site. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this is a fulltime permanent role, with the support of two HR Coordinators. Regular travel to our Christchurch site will be required.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Overseeing and advising managers on strategies for recruitment, selection, and interview evaluation procedures.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Develop and implement strategies that align with being a values based organisation and engaged workforce
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Answering all human resources queries posed by management and employees.
- Updating HR policies in line with current legislation and informing staff about changes.
Skills and Experience:
- Generalist HR advisory experience, preferable in a unionised environment.
- Ability to create rapport and connect with people quickly
- Must be comfortable using a HRIS – experience with BambooHR would be a bonus
- Sound knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices.
- Problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to addressing HR challenges.
What We Can Offer You
- Be part of an organisation that truly plays a part in changing people’s lives
- Wellness at the heart of what we do – our Social Network is exceptional
- Espresso machine coffee!
- Boost – a dedicated employment benefits programme
- Parental Leave top up payments
- A short-term incentive payment based on your and the company’s performance.
For further information, contact Nicola Harvey [email protected]
Employment Type: Permanent / Full time
Capability Level: Advises
Domains of Knowledge: Attraction, Recruitment and Selection. Change Management. Employee Engagement and Experience. Workforce Planning. HR Systems and Technology. Employment Relations
This employer recognises the value of Professional Accreditation with HRNZ.
Find out more about Professional Accreditation and The Path - the Capability Framework for HR Professionals.