HR Advisor - Ryman Healthcare
Exciting opportunity to use your generalist HR experience to partner with and support our Operations Leaders across NZ!
* 2x opportunities - Permanent & Fixed Term (10 months)
* Join an organisation that values kindness, excellence, teamwork and innovation
* Exciting development opportunities - we are committed to growing our own
* Support & empower our teams and really make a difference
At Ryman, we believe the measure of a full life is one that gets richer with age.
Ryman has grown to become the largest retirement village operator in New Zealand. We own and operate 45 villages in New Zealand and Australia. We have 14 new villages under construction and 11 additional sites in our landbank. We employ more than 7,200 team members.
Being the developer, designer, builder, and operator means we will continue to challenge the status quo and adapt to better serve our residents and team members.
Our trailblazing spirit can be felt in every Ryman experience, so if you like the sound of this, then read on.
What will you do?
We are on the lookout for two HR Advisors to join our New Zealand HR Operations team. We have one permanent role and one 10-month fixed term role covering parental leave. Please state in your cover letter which role is your preference.
As an HR Advisor, you will report to the HR Manager - Operations and partner with our leaders to provide exceptional HR support, ensuring our team members are happy and productive.
Key responsibilities include:
Providing HR expertise and support to your portfolio of villages
Developing strong relationships with our Regional Managers and village leaders across New Zealand and acting as a trusted advisor
Providing effective HR support across a range of people related areas including; employment relations, performance management, culture and engagement
Leading and supporting a variety of people-focused projects to deliver exciting new initiatives to support and enhance our culture
Working closely with the wider People and Safety team to ensure coordinated and effective support is provided to our leaders and teams
Proactively keeping up to date with employment-related legislation and regulations
What's in it for you?
If you are looking to join a team who are committed to our people and have a goal of making Ryman the best workplace of our teams' careers, you'll love this role! In addition, a career at Ryman offers:
- The opportunity to travel across New Zealand to support your portfolio of villages
- Ongoing support for professional development and career progression opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements and additional wellbeing leave
- Access to over 60 discounts with well-known brands across a variety of sectors including; health and wellbeing, banking, insurance, and retail
- Regular social club events & furry Friday's (bring your dog to work)
- Free gym membership for onsite gym & free yoga classes
- Ryman owned onsite café (Pioneers Café) with subsidised coffee and delicious food options
Who are you?
You have demonstrated experience working in an HR advisory role
You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
You value people and kindness, and are passionate about delivering excellent results
You strive for excellence and constantly look for ways to exceed expectations; delivering a high-quality service at speed will be second nature
As a resilient person you keep going, even when there are bumps in the road and you show composure under pressure
If you are interested in joining an organisation with a clear purpose and a commitment to innovation, kindness and excellence, we would love to hear from you!
At Ryman, we support an environment where everyone feels welcome to be themselves. We embrace diversity and celebrate individual uniqueness, encouraging anyone wanting to work for Ryman to apply for our vacant positions.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews may take place prior to the close date. This means we reserve the right to close a job ad before the advertised close date.